Sunday, February 4, 2018

Pull+ Sunday: 280 kilo DL x 6

IT'S BEEN a prick of a week. Work stresses kept sleep at arm's length and my nutrition was not on point. I caught up on both over the weekend and today finally felt like I was ready for this session.
Once I'd put the weight down after completing that sixth rep I was elated. I roared 'YES!' a couple of times, then lay down on the turf outside for a few minutes.


This was not a genuine personal record for repetitions at this weight. I did this same work in 2015. Only when I did it two and a half years ago I used straps, bounced reps where I could, and hitched as I began to fatigue. This time I used no straps, reset for each rep without hitching or dropping the bar. And I reckon I could have done a seventh if I'd wanted it. But the six were enough today... and I need to keep a little something in the tank for another heavy pull session next week.


Once I'd cooled down a bit I noticed a twinge in my right glute. I will definitely need some dry needling to my glutes and quads in the near future.


PULL PLUS Sunday 4th February
stretch
Deadlifts:
80 kgs x 10
130 kgs x 5
180 kgs x 3
230 kgs x 1
280 kgs x 6 TPR no straps, bouncing, hitching or dropping
Meadows rows (l&r):
45 kgs x 3 x 10
HS seated rows (p/h):
50 kgs x 3 x 10
Seated rows machine (underhand):
full stack x 3 x 10
Face-pulls:
plate 11 x 3 x 20
super-set w/DB side raises (p/h):
12.5 kgs x 8
10 kgs x 2 x 10

No comments:

Post a Comment