Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Press+ Tuesday: Axle OHP 105 kilos x 6

SINCE my bench press has plateaued already I decided to swap it and prioritise the overhead. I will continue doing max efforts sets till near failure on bench, at the same loading I use on the axle, and focus on staying tight in the pause. I guess the OHP took a lot of pressing strength away... I was sure I could bench more than nine reps of that weight. I reckon I may need my left shoulder needled also: it's not moving as smoothly as it used to.


All the same, I still managed a significant new personal record on the axle. Based on my current progression, I may be repping 120 kilos in a few weeks... a pretty amazing prospect considering I've never properly pressed 120 overhead even once.


PRESS+ Tuesday February 6th
stretch
Incline DB press (p/h):
15 kgs x 10
Axle OHP (strict):
30 kgs x 10
60 kgs x 5
85 kgs x 2
105 kgs x 6 PR
Bench press (paused):
60 kgs x 5
90 kgs x 2
105 kgs x 9 - failed 10th rep
Incline barbell press:
85 kgs x 8, 8, 6
EZ-bar skull-crushers:
42.5 kgs x 3 x 8
super-set w/Triceps pushdowns:
full stack x 3 x 10
DB front raises (p/h):
12.5 kgs x 3 x 10
HS chest press (p/h):
52.5 kgs x 8, 6, 4
super-set w/HS bicep curls (l&r):
20 kgs x 3 x 10

No comments:

Post a Comment