Wednesday, August 9, 2017

5 Weeks Out: Comp Prep Begins

THIS is exciting for me! Finally programming some proper heavy lifting. I am jumping into comp prep mid-week, managing to salvage much of the final month of my original press program for use here. The repetitions have dropped and the focus will be on the pause, but the loadings are the same.


It's gonna be interesting since the pause is the point in the press that most directly aggravates my bursitis. Because of this impingement I don't know if I'll be as strong in September as I was in 2015. But I'll be giving it my best fucking shot.


Not included here is what I'm planning for events training. Now is potentially the time to check my clean press again. Not aiming for a new one rep max; I have learned from the last time I made that stupid assumption. No, I'll do reps of something heavy... I just haven't decided what yet.


AUGUST Week 2
Bench press: 145 kgs x 3 x 3


AUGUST Week 3
Deadlift: 200 - 275 kgs x 1
Bench press: 152.5 kgs x 2 x 3
Squat: 230 kgs x 3 x 3


AUGUST Week 4
Deadlift: 280 - 310 kgs x 1
Bench press: 160 kgs x 3


SEPTEMBER Week 1
Deadlift: 315 - 340 kgs x 1
Bench press: 167.5 kgs x 2
Squat: 240 kgs x 2 x 2

No comments:

Post a Comment