Thursday, November 17, 2016

A Good Week


Training this week has been very encouraging. While my bench isn't coming along as well as I'd hoped, it is improving. Watching Yianni military press a hundred kilo bar on Tuesday while I did my lacklustre benching did make me a little nostalgic for overhead. Maybe I should reintroduce the axle for power cleans etc at the strongman clinic this saturday... I know only a couple of the crew are familiar with the axle. We've been doing more log pressing lately; both Ryan and Alex have been diligently building their strength and endurance in this event. But for Mitch and Kong, the axle is still somewhat new. So I guess that changes this weekend.

That goal I set myself is looking so trivial right now... I should have aimed higher. Then again, I reckon I made the right decision in skipping ahead a week so I could attempt 200 kilogram SLDLs before November 21st. I designated this day - a Monday - as the very earliest I could attempt squatting and proper deadlifting again. So I wanted to get this done and dusted. I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BM6IrEVgZwW/?taken-by=ptcperth&hl=en

On the strongman front, the big news is about tyres. Big, heavy ones. Kong has managed to procure a couple to add to our steadily growing collection of training equipment and the crew are excited to find out what I'm going to program for them. I'm excited too.

PULL, etc. - Thursday November 17th
Foam rolling  & BW squats
calf & hamstring warmup

SLDLs:
75 kgs x 8
105 kgs x 5
140 kgs x 3
175 kgs x 1
200 kgs x 7 PR max effort w/belt & straps

Cambered bar GMs:
44 kgs (bar) x 5
90 kgs x 4 x 5

Underhand seated rows:
full stack x 3 x 10

HS! seated rows:
50 kgs p/h x 3 x 10

DB front raises: 10 kgs p/h x 3 x 10
- super-set with -
Face-pulls: Plate 8 x 20, Plate 9 x 20 PR

 
PRESS, etc. - Tuesday November 15th


Foam rolling  & BW squats
DB shoulder warmup
DB bench press warmup

Bench press:
70 kgs x 5
100 kgs x 2
120 kgs x 3 x 3 all paused TPR
80 kgs x 14 max effort, touch & go

HS! chest press:
40 kgs p/h x 2 x 10
40 kgs p/h x 9

Seated DB OHP:
20 kgs p/h x 3 x 8

'lil Swiss bar curls: 37 kgs x 3 x 10
- super-set with -
Triceps pushdowns: full stack x 20, 20, 10

No comments:

Post a Comment