Thursday, August 23, 2012

1 Week of Injury, Followed by Another Injury

Ah shit.

The time and lost progress are all too apparent to me as I write this now. I'm recording for posterity that the rack pulls I did after my max effort deads set were a fucking stupid thing to do. The lumbar strain put me out of action, and the flu - or something like it - got me again Saturday night!! This time I immediately hit it with a cocktail of antibiotics, antihistamines, decongestants and herbal remedies. I still lost a week of training.

Events Training Saturday August 18th
Yoke walk
2x 15 meters @ 205 kgs
25 meters @ 205 kgs
15 meters @ 245 kgs
15 meters @ 285 kgs
15 meters @ 305 kgs
15 meters @ 325 kgs

Sled drag
2x 15 meters @ 290 kgs
15 meters @ 340 kgs
15 meters @ 290 kgs

WOULD YOU BELIEVE I wrenched my right shoulder on the yoke. Didn't do enough warmup. And the clinical definition of insanity is repeating the same task, again and again, expecting different results.

Tried to handle the log but couldn't even clean it at 80 kgs. Events training was over for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment