Sunday, January 13, 2019

Events+ Saturday @ Legendary Lifting

SOMETHING is going to give if I keep performing this program as written currently. It may be solved by training more often but doing less hours each session, and splitting up the heavy movements over four (or even five) sessions per week.

For instance, in week six of my deadlift program I have to pull 270 kilograms for 3 sets of 5. Week six of my farmers walk program - which I have been performing concurrently - calls for 135 kilograms (per hand, of course) for 4 runs of 20 meters. I may be able to do one or the other, but not both. Not in the same session.

I also need to rethink where I'm going to schedule rest periods. I was intending to take a break after each six week block. I may need to revise that to once every five (or even four) weeks. But at least I'm adding rest periods now, as per Steve's recommendation.

The squats I did today taxed my knees pretty bad. I wasn't game to go heavier on Zercher carry, or try the tyre flip afterwards. One smart aspect of the template as currently written involves performing yoke walk and axle squats fortnightly rather than weekly. I may need to extend this approach to other events as the loadings increase.

EVENTS SATURDAY January 12th
Axle squats:
10 kg x 10
60 kg x 5
110 kg x 5
150 kg x 3
170 kg x 4 x 6
Zercher carry w/yoke:
120 kg x 2 x 15 meters
180 kg x 15 meters
180 kg x 15 meters

No comments:

Post a Comment