Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Prima Nocta: Tonight We Curl A Kilo

TIME has been taken. Plenty of it. Time to contemplate the past and the future. Time to celebrate my 37th birthday, buy a new suit, learn some new tricks. I've cleared a bunch of paperwork in my down time. This week I began driving again, reset my weekly schedule so I can train later in the evening, and next week I begin stick fighting classes: Eskrima and Bojutsu. But mostly I've been waiting for the all-clear to return to regular training.


To avoid the use of my left arm, tonight I dusted off the cambered bar and set it up for good mornings, but low in the cage. I began from the bottom of a squat position, essentially. This way I can collect it and then return it to the rack with my one good arm.


From here I resume regular training. My second weekday template will involve a whole lotta one-arm movements. But this routine will be what keeps my legs and back strong while deadlifts et cetera are off the table. The gym was nice and quiet tonight, so I was able to set up stations and do super-sets, trying to keep the intensity up. But it's kinda hard to make one kilogram bicep curls intense.


Goddamn, my limbs are going to sing in the morning. And it will be glorious.


Warmup & stretch


Cambered bar GMs:
44 kgs x 10
80 kgs x 5 x 5


Super-set!
w/DB bicep curls:
left 1 kg x 5 x 10
right 15 kgs x 5 x 10


Hack squats:
25 kgs x 3 x 10


Super-set!
w/HS leg extensions:
50 kgs x 3 x 10

No comments:

Post a Comment