Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Pull Tuesday: Full Steam Ahead



STEERING my battered vessel towards September 18, tonight's session was encouraging. I'm currently the lightest I've weighed in a couple of years - barely 128 kilograms - despite the fact I've been making a conscious effort to get my calories up, with more meals and a mass gainer instead of my usual WPI shakes each day. And even though I've had a crappier than usual prep (so probably won't be hitting a new deadlift PR this time round), I'm definitely stronger than I was while competing in this weight class early last year..


I entered the GPC state championships that February and totalled 710, with a 310 deadlift. I am pretty confident of pulling in excess of that in a little under four weeks time, and I'll definitely have a stronger squat. My bench... my bench is crap right now, to be honest. The plan when it comes to pressing is to take it easy while trying to build up just a bit more in the weeks I have. If I can grind out a super duper close grip 150 bench on the day, I'll have to be happy with that.


A revised estimate for what I might total is 270/150/320. A thirty kilo improvement. That'll do, pig.
Here's what I did tonight.


Deadlifts:
75 kgs x 8
125 kgs x 5
175 kgs x 3
225 kgs x 2
260 kgs x 1
290 kgs x 1
310 kgs x 1 equal best at under 140 kilos body weight


Hammer Strength seated rows:
100 kgs x 10
130 kgs x 10
160 kgs x 8 equal best


Hack squats:
55 kgs x 3 x 10

No comments:

Post a Comment