Thursday, July 25, 2013

Squat Thursday: Derp

Squats w/cambered
50 kgs x 10
70 kgs x 8
100 kgs x 5
110 kgs x 5
120 kgs x 3
130 kgs x 3
135 kgs x 10

YEAH that's it. As I've said, not much action going on right here right now.

No pain tonight either, thank jeebus - that makes two for two. I tried to get good depth without further aggravating my hip, and I think I got there in the end. I'm really not predicting anything special in the squats department come October. In between time I, again, will be working slowly and diligently back up to the +200 kilo rep ranges, but I'm not going to try and rush it in the hopes of making a better squat on the day. That will just fuck things up all over again.

I've got to get over this back complaint, and save myself for events training this weekend; I'm running it this saturday, though whether or not I can train properly will depend on the outcome of my physio appointment tomorrow afternoon.

Not to mention, getting familiar with a straight bar is also yet to happen, and that's going to be a challenge when the weight gets more serious. There are certain things that seem to always, always aggravate my shoulder; overhead press (obviously), dips (fuckit - used to enjoy them), and squatting with a straight bar. And that, again, isn't going to happen until I can be reasonably certain I won't tear some more cartilage getting back into that position under a heavy load.

No comments:

Post a Comment