Monday, December 10, 2012

Squat Monday: Turning a Corner, Honing a Skill

Good mornings (heavy)
10 reps @ 30 kgs
8 reps @ 70 kgs
5 reps @ 110 kgs
3 reps @ 150 kgs
1 reps @ 180 kgs
6 reps @ 200 kgs equal to best effort

Squats (form focus)
8 reps @ 70 kgs
8 reps @ 90 kgs
8 reps @ 110 kgs
7 reps @ 130 kgs TPR

HOT and sticky tonight. I felt exhausted before I was half way through GMs. Tonight was a good experience for me, as I realised I need to hone my strengths by dropping the weight on the GMs and aiming for more depth. My depth is good with virtually all my sets apart from the money set. I should top out at 180 next time and keep it nice and low. Maybe try for a 10 rep final set.

Having said that, I did try for a 7th rep at 200 kilos... I knew I wasn't gonna get it before I had over-committed, though, and racked the bar instead.

I'm also happy with the squats. My form didn't break on the 7th rep of 130, but it was going to on the 8th. Again, I thought better of it and racked the bar again. The specific training I'm doing with regard to middle and upper back strength and rigidity while coming out of the hole is starting to pay off.

No comments:

Post a Comment