Tuesday, December 13, 2011

SQUAT Monday

Squats
8 reps @ 30 kgs
6 reps @ 70 kgs
5 reps @ 110 kgs
5 reps @ 110 kgs
4 reps @ 130 kgs PR

Good Mornings
8 reps @ 50 kgs
8 reps @ 70 kgs
8 reps @ 90 kgs
7 reps @ 110 kgs

45 Degree Back Raises
3 sets x 10 reps @ BW +20 kgs

MADE some progress on the squat this week, but I'm never going to hit a 200 kilo 1RM this year! It's my weakest lift by far. Hopefully in another 6 months I'll have some more respectable numbers.

It's Tuesday night, and one of my trainees has left just from his session. My legs are good and sore, but this isn't the debilitating DOMS I remember from my early days of training... and nothing at all like the DOMS in my sternum I felt after my first 120 kg p/hand Farmer's Walk. That was amazing.

Dan's injury is healing as well as can be expected, and SMWA is open for business as usual, for everyone who can still train. Dan will be using the cambered bar to squat in a couple of weeks, which is good news. We all hope he is in prime condition for the events coming up early next year.

And I am trying to get myself in top condition for the Fitness Expo in Melbourne next March. I have entered the open division bench press comp. By then I intend to weigh significantly less and be benching significantly more! I weighed in at 139 kgs last Friday - the first time I've been under 140 for some years - and a sure sign my diet is working! No to mention, I've had no loss of strength thus far... milk is a miraculous food.

No comments:

Post a Comment