Saturday, December 17, 2011

SMWA Events Training - Superset Special!

EVENT: Deadlifts superset with Yoke Walk
DL 10 reps @ 50 kgs
YW 50 feet @ 205 kgs
DL 8 reps @ 110 kgs
YW 10 feet*, 40 feet @ 225 kgs *sat the yoke too far back, and it just slipped off!
DL 5 reps @ 150 kgs
YW 5 feet @ 285 kgs

DL 3 reps @ 190 kgs
DL 2 reps @ 200 kgs

ASSISTANCE: Lat Pulls superset with Pull-ups
LP 10 reps @ 60 kgs
PU 3 reps @ BW
LP 10 reps @ 60 kgs
PU 3.5 reps @ BW

AFTER the 285 kg failure on the yoke walk I just picked it up and held it a couple of times for as long as I could while Dan and Dave assessed my form. I believe I just went too heavy too soon; once the yoke was swinging with my momentum, I just couldn't keep moving... it made my core collapse!

And no PRs on the deads today - super-setting them with the yoke was just an energy-sapping combo. I couldn't really max out on either one and ended up dividing my strength between them, and so working at about 75% potential.

It was a great session. Not sure I should be doing it every week though, this was really just an experimental approach I hoped would push my conditioning and also save some time. From that perspective it was a huge success.

No comments:

Post a Comment