Saturday, December 17, 2011

Paleo FTW

My bodyweight dropped to 138.5 kgs / 305 lbs as of this morning. 


I officially hit 139 last Friday, but the office xmas party took it's toll (6 UDLs)... 


While I have not been recording my food intake as methodically as I used to, I am eating more methodically (and healthily) than I ever did. Through the day I subsist on 2 litres (approx 1/2 a gallon) of whole milk, a couple of handfuls of nuts and 1 or 2 pieces of fruit. And my evening meal is always the largest meal of the day, consisting mainly of meat.


This week I've been enjoying fatty BBQ lamb ribs, roast turkey and chicken curry, and Macdonald's and Hungry Jack's burgers for dinner, with frozen berries and whipped cream for dessert. 



And I'm still losing weight.


People who state you need 'healthy, high-fibre grains' in your diet to be healthy and happy are idiots, and unwitting stooges of Big Agriculture. They can't really be blamed, I suppose, as the authorities who advise on healthy eating (government agencies and supposedly unbiased independent bodies) advocate all the neolithic grains and cereals that aggravate the gut, are packed full of gluten and cause the insulin spikes which are making people retain fat in larger numbers than ever before.


We are eating gluten-rich wheat, starchy potato, refined sugars and other highly-processed carbohydrates in such quantities nowadays yet the medical industry - and society at large - seems oblivious to the real problem. Doctors are treating Celiac disease (gluten sensitivity), Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Indigestion and heartburn by:


1 suggesting other kinds of grains (or SOY!! another terrible thing to eat)
2 suggesting the avoidance of dairy (which also typically leads to advocating SOY replacements)
3 prescribing anything from ant-acids to the newer, more severe Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs), which stop all production of stomach acid. These meds are potentially very bad things, as they promote a bacterial imbalance in the gut. 


But all of this is missing the point; treating the symptoms and not the problem is almost deliberately counter-productive for the patient. Why aren't more doctors telling people to put down their bread rolls and french fries and noodles and fucking soy lattes?? 


IN OTHER NEWS
I've been slack with training this week, but had a pretty intense session today at SMWA. Details to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment