Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Pull Tuesday: A Decent Start

THIS was freaking gruelling. I have only myself to blame, of course, but after completing five of my six programmed money sets, I knew if I attempted the last one I wouldn't get all six reps and/or wouldn't have the energy for the rest of the routine. My lower posterior, as if to remind me that I haven't done this for a while, seized up during the second set and still hasn't released.


But I'm happy. This was, by far, the most volume I've performed at this weight and is a solid start to the year. I'm very glad I've not tried to incorporate a dedicated squat session, as the stuff I am planning for strongman events, combined with some fairly full-on pulling and pressing, feels like it's going to challenge me enough. 


Warmup: quad & hamstring stretch & foam-roller


Deadlifts:
75 kg x 8
125 kg x 5
175 kg x 3
220 kg x 5s x 6r TPR


Seated rows (underhand):
Full stack (91 kg) x 3s x 10r


Hammer Strength seated rows:
50 kg p/h x 3 x 10


Tri-pushdowns / Face-pulls superset:
Full stack x 20, 15, 10
Plate 8 x 20, 15, 10

No comments:

Post a Comment