Monday, April 25, 2016

Squat Monday: Try Again

MY FIRST night back squatting and it's a mixed bag, as usual. No knee pain, but still feeling the recent quad injury. I don't believe I've done any damage tonight (I will have a better idea tomorrow morning), in any case that wasn't the reason I failed to complete my last two reps of 200. No, that happened because I, again, was too optimistic in my programming and started too heavy. Considering this was my first squat session in two months, I shouldn't be too disappointed at this effort. But I am.

So long as I can continue squatting uninhibited I am going to reset next week and again try for 200 for 8. I need to hit this before continuing with the program. I know I can.

Cardio: assault bike 5 minutes
Stretch

Squats:
25 kgs x 10
80 kgs x 8
120 kgs x 5
160 kgs x 3
180 kgs x 1
200 kgs x 6

Leg extension:
30 kgs x 3 x 10

Hamstring curls:
30 kgs x 10
40 kgs x 2 x 10

No comments:

Post a Comment