Tuesday, November 23, 2021

November Recap Part 2: Preparation

PREPARATION has been occupying more session time than ever before, and for good reason. Where I would deadlift once a week, now it's maybe once every three weeks. I might be able to increase that to fortnightly down the track. Right now I'm very, very aware of my spine complaint, and taking it as slowly as is necessary to keep it in check.
 
After my last deadlift session - the first serious one I've done in a year - I needed at least a week before my back felt more or less normal again. It wasn't what I'd call unmanageable. But I don't want to have to deal with it after every pull day. That is what all this time off and all the extra groundwork and core exercises are supposed to mitigate, as much as possible, at least. I do not think I'm pushing for too much too soon.
 
I just have to see where I'm at after this Thursday's session. 155 for 4 x 10. No belt, double overhand, of course. But I guess I'll pack the Inzer just in case I actually need it to finish the program.

MOBILITY & AGILITY Tuesday November 23rd
Stretch spine, adductors, glutes, biceps
PRE-TRAINING
Kneeling hip flexor release: 2 p/side for 10 seconds each
Plank on hands: 2 x 30 seconds
Resisted hip flexion isometric: 2 x 10 seconds p/leg
Curl up with adductor stretch: 2 x 10
CORE & TENDONS
Axe-swings (l&r):
40.5 kg x 10
49.5 kg x 3 x 10 PR
Chest press machine (p/h):
15 kg x 10
30 kg x 2 x 10 TPR
DB side raises (p/h):
15 kg x 5 x 10 PR
DB curls (p/h):
15 kg x 3 x 10 TPR
Triceps push-downs:
90 kg x 10 narrow grip
45 kg x 10 rope w/extension
repeat
CARDIO:
assault bike: 5 mins @ +55 rpm

GOJU RYU Okinawan weapons training Saturday November 20th
Bo, Sai, Tonfa Kobudo: 90 mins

GMs & ACCESSORIES Tuesday November 16th
Stretch spine, quads, adductors, bicep tendons
Axle good mornings:
47.5 kg x 10
70 kg x 4 x 10
Chest press machine (p/h):
15 kg x 10
27.5 kg x 2 x 10
10 kg x 15
DB front raises (p/h):
10 kg x 3 x 10
Superset w/DB curls (p/h):
15 kg x 3 x 10
CARDIO
assault bike: 5 mins @ +50 rpm

No comments:

Post a Comment