Sunday, November 1, 2020

EVENTS Saturday October 31st


flashback to 2015
SOMETHING I have found I need to do before every session that works my posterior chain is to hang upside down from the glute-hamstring machine and wait for my spine to release just a little bit. What I really need, obviously, is a spinal adjustment... and an MRI. I have the referral for the latter, at least. But for now, this is working alright.
 
During my last pull session I decided to add some more height to my deficit deadlifts (a metal 25 kg plate + one inch rubber mat under each foot), which it turns out was a bad choice. This time around I knew it would be wise to avoid anything with too great a range of motion, and risk further aggravating my back issue. And I was prepared for farmers walk to feel, well, shit, especially since I'd not done it in quite a while. But it did not. The silver dollar deadlift I was not a fan of first go, but it also did not tax the region of my spine that is currently giving me grief, so I was able to do some reasonable work there before my grip strength gave out.

Today's effort definitely was not my best, at ten kilos per hand and about half a minute off, I think. But, again, first time in a long time. I always enjoyed farmers walk. I should start doing it more regularly again.
 
Farmers walk (p/h):
60 kg x 2 x 10 meters
110 kg x 2 x 10 meters
130 kg x 2 x 10 meters
130 kg x 10 meters
Static hold:
140 kg x 5 seconds, maybe
Silver Dollar deadlifts:
165 kg x 1
265 kg x 3
Face-pulls:
54 kg x 3 x 20
Lateral pull-downs:
90 kg x 5
75 kg x 8
60 kg x 10
DB front raises (p/h):
10 kg x 3 x 10
12.5 kg x 10
Cardio:
assault bike 5 mins @ +50 rpm

No comments:

Post a Comment