Monday, April 17, 2017

Training Update: Rueing the Day

I'M PISSED about the state of my right arm. The heavy dumbbell curls I've been doing lately have properly buggered it. Between this and my rehabilitating left tendon I have no working upper limbs anymore. It's fortunate I can still squat.


The cambered bar is an odd beast; it's microscopically asymmetrical and weighs 44-something kilograms. I've always stuck some microplates on it to make 50 the base weight, but I've also been using spin locks lately, which means it was 175 that I was squatting on Saturday. It's nothing special, at all, but it's the heaviest thing I've moved in a long time and it made me feel a little sick afterwards... sick, but keen to go heavier next session.


Forgot my Inzer belt at the gym and was relieved to find someone had left it near the pigeon holes when I came back Monday afternoon. I'm on leave right now so am looking forward to getting more training done. Providing my frigging body doesn't break any more. The tennis elbow messes with bo kata but pressing and, so far, rowing movements appear to be unaffected. 


Saturday April 15th
Assault bike: 7 minutes @ 50 rpm
stretch


Cambered bar squats:
50 kgs x 10
80 kgs x 10
110 kgs x 5
150 kgs x 5
175 kgs x 3 x 5 TPR


Monday April 17th
Assault bike: 5 minutes @ 50 rpm
stretch


Bench press:
bar x 10
40 kgs x 10
50 kgs x 10
60 kgs x 10
70 kgs x 10


Axle OHP:
40 kgs x 10
50 kgs x 10
60 kgs x 10
70 kgs x 3 x 6 TPR


DB bicep curls:
left only 7 kgs x 4 x 10


DB front raises:
7.5 kgs x 3 x 10


super-set w/Face pulls:
plate 8 x 20
plate 9 x 2 x 20

No comments:

Post a Comment