Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Two Week Recap: WASM Drops Some Deets

WEEK Seven was a designated rest week - something that more than one person has recommended I include in my training to reduce the propensity for injury. Most recently, it was the Wonderboy Steve van Steytler who was looking over my last few programs (this was, from memory, just before my last injury... the irony hasn't escaped me), and suggested this could be a valuable addition. I hit upon every seventh week as being the optimal time to employ them.

I still did a reasonable events session on the Saturday, as a full week of sitting around seemed wasteful. But the following week I got hit with the Manflu pretty bad, resulting in another several days of not a lot of training getting done.

Friday of that week, WA Strongman posted about a qualifying round tentatively scheduled for late July or early August. A little sooner than the eight months I'd needed to be back to full strength last time, but not disqualifyingly so. Now I have something to work towards.

The proposed events and loadings for the mens open division are as below. These are all subject to change, and more details will be provided as they are released by W.A. Strongman:

Event 1: Axle squat - 235 kilograms for reps
Event 2: Barbell w/truck tyres clean press - 120 kilograms for reps
Event 3: Yoke & Farmers medley - weights and distance to be determined
Event 4: Barbell deadlift - 250 kilograms for reps
Event 5: Sandbag carry medley - 100, 120 & 140 kilograms

The first two events are my weakest of the six dynamic strength feats listed; back-to-back yoke and farmers walk is not something I recall having ever done before, so it will be an added challenge. But one that I believe I will be ready for.

EVENTS week 8 Special - June 15th
Axle OHP (strict):
20 kg x 10
55 kg x 5
85 kg x 4 x 5
Log clean-press:
60 kg x 5 x 5
Zercher carry w/yoke:
95 kg x 2 x 15 meters
115 kg x 2 x 15 meters
Deadlifts:
70 kg x 5
100 kg x 5 x 6
Leg extensions (p/l):
20 kg x 3 x 15 TPR


EVENTS week 7 Template 1 - June 8th
Yoke walk:
130 kg x 2 x 15 meters
210 kg x 15 meters
250 kg x 15 meters
280 kg x 8 x 15 meters TPR
Farmers walk (p/h):
45 kg x 8 x 15 meters

No comments:

Post a Comment