Thursday, June 15, 2017

Pull+ Thursday: That Sweet Pain

THAT sweet pain you get from training three nights in a row, when the DOMS is still fresh in the muscles you're hitting again, hard. When you can properly feel the weight of your arms hanging loose from your shoulders, the heft of each stair climb like you're extracting yourself from quicksand. I have missed this. I've also missed the PTC scale, which has always been more generous than my home scales - even the new Fitbit one. The PTC scale tells me I weigh 138.9 kilograms.*


Some positive indicators that I'm on track with this program; so far I've completed all prescribed reps, though it's becoming more of a challenge. I used some body language on the last few of the final set of bent-over rows, but that's fine as next week the scheme drops to three sets. Same with the meadows rows/face-pulls super-set. I was feeling pretty blitzed by the end of it all. Hoping I pull up well enough to keep going hard on Saturday. I have a 350 kilo yoke I need to move.


PULL+ Thursday June 15th
Stretch
Deficit deadlifts:
70 kgs x 10
100 kgs x 4 x 8
Bent-over BB rows (underhand):
100 kgs x 4 x 8
HS seated rows (p/h):
47.5 kgs x 4 x 10
Meadows rows (l&r):
37.5 kgs x 4 x 10
super-set w/Face-pulls:
plate 9 x 4 x 20
Cardio: like, 2 minutes on the bike... lost interest when I made up my mind to see how quickly I can make it to +140*

No comments:

Post a Comment