Monday, March 26, 2012

Squat Monday: Back to Formula. Again.

Squats
10 reps @ 30 kgs (cambered bar)
10 reps @ 70 kgs
8 reps @ 110 kgs
4 reps @ 150 kgs
1 reps @ 140 kgs (standard bar) pathetic
8 reps @ 100 kgs
5 reps @ 120 kgs better, but still shit


Good Mornings
10 reps @ 30 kgs (cambered bar)
8 reps @ 70 kgs
6 reps @ 110 kgs
7 reps @ 130 kgs TPR but depth was weaksauce


PRESSED for time again tonight, I loaded up the cambered bar since it was already on the rack and decided I was gonna try for 200 kgs (current best is 2 reps of 180) only to be advised that it wouldn't be any practical use to me if I was planning on competing later this year. Which I am.

So not only was the cambered bar scrapped, I also used a narrow grip on a standard barbell tonight for the first time ever. It f***ed me right up.

Turns out I misunderstood which qualifier my mate thought I was entering (SM > PL - for now, at least) and there wasn't a huge need to start using the standard bar. But it was still a good experience, all things considered.

It was a silly thing to go for 140 right away with a new setup and bar, but I did it anyway and, predictably, sucked ass. Later sets felt better.

Overall not impressed with my inefficient use of time and lack of focus when it comes to what I need to know and do to be a contender.

No comments:

Post a Comment