Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Pull+ Events Monday: Prowler Pull

FINALLY with everything I needed to make this happen, I couldn't wait till the weekend; I wanted to try out the prowler and harness as soon as I was sufficiently recovered from last session. And so I did. But first I needed to deadlift, and that reminded me I was still rehabbing. Once I got above 200 kilograms I performed the reps slowly, with focus on making the sure the correct muscles were being recruited. I pulled a very slow, beltless 250 after a couple of singles of 220 and left it there.

With the prowler drag I need to start lower and fully extend each leg during warmup, or else my calves complain later when it gets heavier.

On the way out I met up with one of the young fellas who I asked to spot my bench press last week. He mentioned he'd just performed a 180 squat. I asked if he'd gotten video, and what kind of depth he was hitting. He wasn't sure. I advised him that the squat is one of the most technical static movements you can perform as a strength athlete and it's a good idea to get video for assessment.

In saying this, it has been remiss of me to not get more video of my own lifts and events. It's not something I often think of in training... I'm more focussed on the lift itself (or, more specifically, not screwing it up) and I'm not keen on treating my training (like so many people do) as a social media vanity project.

But for technical critiquing purposes, I'm gonna have to remember to get more vids.

PULL+ EVENTS Monday December 9th
Deadlifts:
70 kg x 10
120 kg x 5
170 kg x 5
220 kg x 2
250 kg x 1
Prowler drag w/harness:
+100 kg x 15 meters
+150 kg x 15 meters
+200 kg x 15 meters
Seated rows:
neutral, narrow 114 kg x ME 20, 12, 10
underhand, wide 96 kg x 3 x 8
Face-pulls:
65 kg x 3 x 20 PR
DB side raises (p/h):
10 kg x 4 x 10
Pull-ups:
5, 3
Cardio:
assault bike 5 mins @ +55 rpm

No comments:

Post a Comment