Monday, May 29, 2017

Events+ Saturday: Safety Rails

BEATEN UP, but happy. Walking and sitting have become hard to do of late; I joke about installing a safety rail in my bathroom for days like these... I'm only half joking though. The good news is my appetite's back, so I've been scarfing down food since Friday night. Bodyweight has in fact jumped up to 133.5 kilograms as of the time I write this (early evening, Monday May 29th), an increase of 3 kilos, which happened quick; I have been sitting on 130 with a steadily worsening body fat percentage since the start of February, after popping my tendon. But now the body fat percentage is also dropping. Fanboy Stephan tells me I'm looking better. Now I just need to make sure that translates to being a better athlete on the day. Which day? That is the big question.


The pressing et cetera I did through the week, and the inclines I added into this session were enough to make me rethink log clean-press today... but I will probably do some log work with the new piece during my press routine later this week. It was very encouraging to get feedback from the guys who tested it out today. Kong is especially happy with the difference its larger diameter makes to the clean.



EVENTS+ SATURDAY May 27th

Stretch
Yoke walk:
130 kgs x 2 x 20 meters
210 kgs x 2 x 20 meters
250 kgs x 20 meters
Incline bench press:
bar x 10
60 kgs x 10
70 kgs x 10
80 kgs x 6
Meadows rows (l&r):
25 kgs x 10
30 kgs x 10
32.5 kgs x 10
35 kgs x 10
Axe swings (l&r):
plate 7 x 4 x 10
super-set w/DB front raises (p/h):
8 kgs x 4 x 10

No comments:

Post a Comment