Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Squat & Bench Tuesday: Worth the Squeeze?

I DON'T know if this approach is going to work. Again I am flying blind, relying on my own programming abilities and just paying attention to how my body reacts. I need to squeeze as much comp prep into the time I have before the Perth Cup without burning out or showing up on the day still not recovered.

So, with this in mind, the strategy for the next seven days is to hit the three movements on a shorter rotation and sometimes in combination with each other, like tonight. Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Tuesday. I compete on Sunday September 17th.

Thursday I will deadlift 275 kgs for triples, then follow the current template
Saturday I will squat 230 kgs for triples, then follow the current template
Tuesday I will deadlift 300 kgs for doubles and press 140 kgs for doubles

Tonight's paused doubles of 130 stopped with a single when I began to notice some weakness at the wrists. It's a technical personal record simply as I've not done this many paused doubles on bench, ever. Incidentally, I believe it's also the max number of reps I've performed of this weight touch and go, in 2015, when my bench was a strong as it's ever been... certainly a lot stronger than it is currently.

SQUAT & BENCH Tuesday September 5th
stretch
Squats (competition):
bar x 10
80 kgs x 8
130 kgs x 5
170 kgs x 5
200 kgs x 2 x 3
Wenning belt squat:
bar x 8
50 kgs x 8
Bench press (paused):
bar x 10
60 kgs x 6
100 kgs x 3
130 kgs x 4 x 2, 1 TPR

No comments:

Post a Comment