Thursday, October 18, 2012

Squat, erm... Thursday

Squats w/cambered
8 reps @ 25 kgs
8 reps @ 65 kgs
8 reps @ 85 kgs
5 reps @ 105 kgs
3 reps @ 145 kgs
1 reps @ 185 kgs
2 reps @ 205 kgs - 1 less than my PR, and I prolly shouldn't have gone +200 tonight

Good mornings
8 reps @ 30 kgs
8 reps @ 70 kgs
5 reps @ 110 kgs
5 reps @ 140 kgs
5 reps @ 160 kgs PR

WELL, at least I can still squat. Yeah, I should have squatted Monday. Kinda went off the radar for a bit there, or almost did I should say. Man, all it takes is one. One, and a circumstantial loss of perspective can turn into many, and guaranteed failure. But that would just be weak bullshit, and it didn't happen. I drove past that liquor store like I do every day, and I kept driving like I do every day.

Interim training has begun, and I'll be spending the next few weeks before the surgery doing a limited collection of lifts and events, and generally feel like I'm half-doing shit. That's how it's gonna be for many months to come, so I might as well get used to it. Focus on what will be done in 2013.

Depending on what feels good this weekend I may be able to continue with Yoke... I have my reservations though. Last time I got under one, at the SMWA finals two weekends back, all it took was a walk with just the frame to aggravate it. And that was while trying a lower grip to take the strain off my shoulder... it also compromised how securely I could hold the bar on my back, and didn't seem to help overall. But all I can do is try. Shit, Dan says he's done yoke with one hand on it, after his pec tear. We will see if I can.

Truck pull will also be on the agenda... I'm not sure of a whole lot else. I'm pretty certain continuing to deadlift would just be stupid. That's maybe what's got me down most of all, as it's my favourite lift. But the up-shod of this lack of variety is that at least my squat is going to improve. I'll might even get it up to 250 kgs on the cambered bar during my recovery. That would be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment