Friday, September 8, 2017

PULL Thursday: Take That, Posterior

SEVEN months post-surgery, and my grip is now officially just as strong, if not stronger than it's ever been, pulling 225 for three, double overhand. I think my best is 230 for two.

The triple of 275 kgs was supposed to be touch and go (and there was supposed to be two of them), but instead I reset for each pull. Wearing my belt higher now to keep Quaid secure means I have a much harder time trying to breathe in the bottom of the pull. It's going to make high reps a whole lot more challenging.

I also stopped after the first money set as I felt like I was about to strain something... and I was right. I moved on to bent-over rows, picked up the barbell, and promptly strained a lumbar. After a couple of minutes' rest I belted up and got on with the routine coz I'm anardkent, but it certainly slowed me down. The session took over two hours to complete, even with fewer sets than standard. At lighter weights I'd be doing four of each movement, so 20 sets of accessory work in total.

This morning my lower posterior felt like it had been in a car wreck. Glorious.

More pressing Saturday.

PULL+ Thursday September 7th
Stretch & foam roller
Deadlifts:
75 kgs x 10
125 kgs x 5
175 kgs x 5
225 kgs x 3 - double overhand, no straps, no belt. A new grip PR I think...
255 kgs x 1 - no belt
275 kgs x 3
Bent-over barbell rows (overhand):
115 kgs x 3 x 8
HS seated rows (neutral):
75 kgs x 2 x 8
60 kgs x 10
Seated cable rows (underhand):
full stack x 3 x 8
Meadows rows (l&r):
50 kgs x 3 x 8 equal PR
super-set w/Face-pulls:
plate 10 x 3 x 20

No comments:

Post a Comment