Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Squats etc Week 2: Good News

BUILDING slowly up to something significant here and taking all necessary precautions while I do so. I'll be getting my quads needled in due course, before the pain returns. I'm really happy that my knees have been cooperating and my ankle, while still a little stiff, is now flexible enough to squat deep without much discomfort. Here's hoping this trend continues... and Dan has an hour to spend behind drawn curtains, poking me, some time in the near future.

There will be another row/pull variation added to this template, and maybe another deltoid isolation exercise like face-pulls, as my conditioning and strength levels improve. Mike Israetel recently posted about effective programming of rear delt isolations and it renewed my interest in the exercise, which I've not performed since my seminal years of home training in 2010-11.

Stretch!

Squats:
25 kgs x 10
80 kgs x 5
130 kgs x 2
170 kgs x 4s x 5r TPR

Seated rows:
120 kgs x 3s x 10r

Tri-push:
Full Stack x 3s x 20r

Lots of pressing, curling and shoulder work scheduled for Thursday night! It's exciting to be almost 100% and back on track to compete this year. Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment