Monday, April 23, 2012

Squat Monday: The Return

Squats w/Mastodon
10 reps @ 30 kgs
8 reps @ 70 kgs
6 reps @ 110 kgs
3 reps @ 150 kgs
4 reps @ 170 kgs PR

Good Mornings w/Cambered bar
10 reps @ 30 kgs
8 reps @ 70 kgs
5 reps @ 110 kgs
5 reps @ 140 kgs PR

HAD TO scrap the assistance work tonight. I just haven't enough hours in the day sometimes. I had another reality check today, loading up the Mastodon with 180 and then wondering if I actually had the strength to squat it for enough reps to make it worthwhile... against my poorer judgement (which means at the advice of someone else) I stripped it and moved on to GMs. Got a PR there too, felt like the depth wasn't an issue (though the last rep could have been better), so really I should be pretty happy.

I'm looking forward to OHP focus tomorrow night. This evening my right elbow reminded me it was hurt not so long ago. Something in the elbow joint clicks when fully contracted. But it's not painful, and I actually think the strict OHP work I performed last week (for the first time in ages) did some good; the tendons are perhaps getting re-acquainted with movements other than pulls and rows!

No comments:

Post a Comment